Last year was eventful, and not the best on record for me. I’m hopeful that 2015 will be much better, in a lot of different ways. This morning I took a look back at my resolutions for last year – some I did well on, others not so much. This year I hope to do better…seems like I say that every year, but sometimes repetition is the charm.
This year, my resolutions are:
1. Post more on my blog. This was a resolution I made last year, and I did, in fact, accomplish it. This year I want to post even more, and keep up with several regular posts.
2. Comment more on others’ blogs. I read a lot of blog posts, but I don’t comment as often as I should. This year I’m going to try and comment a lot more often.
3. Write, write, write! I was thrilled to get my first story published this past year, and I’m hoping to get a few more published in 2015. I intend to set aside time every night to write, whether it’s a blog post, a rambling, or an actual story idea. The more I write, the better I will be.
4. Study! Last fall I took the plunge and started learning Japanese. It was amazingly hard at first, but I feel like I’m getting a grasp of the language, both listening to and writing. In addition to writing daily, I plan to study for at least a few minutes every day, and be more proficient in this language.
5. Get in better shape. Yes, this is on my list once again. I thought I was on track last year, but an amazing amount of things conspired against me. This is going to be the year, as I’ve got a lot of good reasons to make it happen.
6. Get better organized. This shows up every year in my resolutions. I failed miserably last year, so this year I may be defining “better organized” a bit more loosely. Honestly, at this point, anything will be “better” than last year!
7. Have more sex. Last, but certainly not the least of my resolutions! This is something that should be fairly easy to do, and a pleasure to do at that.
I hope everyone has a happy and successful New Year – here’s to 2015!