1. Have you ever had a professional massage? If yes, what type? If no, why not?
Yes, and it was fucking amazing! I won one at a home show, and it was 60 minutes of absolute, all-over massage, bliss.
2. Do you engage in the following? Tell us all that apply and how often you do it?
I’ve never tried it, but I think it would be fun.
b. tai chi
I took a class a few summers ago, and I loved it – I really need to get back into it.
c. float therapy
I’ve never heard of it.
I walk, but I don’t do the running or jogging thing.
e. workout–any that isn’t actually training for something but is for physical fitness maintenance
Four days a week I lift for 45 minutes or so, and 6 days a week I ride a bike for about an hour.
f. other – what?
Hmmm…swimming – as often as I can. Does masturbation count here? I do that…a lot.
3. How many hours of sleep do you average on a weeknight? Weekend?? Do you think you need more or less sleep?
I sleep about 5 1/2 to 6 hours during the week, and probably 8 on the weekends. I really need lots more sleep!
4. Which of the following are you most likely to add to your self-care routine and stick with it??
a. Schedule in a planner daily “me time”?
?c. Take a moment at the end of each day and consciously list a few good things in your life.?
d. Turn off phone and step away from computer/tablet for 4 hours a day
Hmmm…I would love to add b, as I really want to try acupuncture. C is also likely, as it seems like a really good idea. I never have enough time to actively schedule “me time”, and I don’t think I can go away from the phone or computer for 4 hours a day.
5. What do you do for self-care either physically, spiritually or emotionally?
I try to meditate, although I’m not very good at it, but a dark room and deep, slow breathing often help when I’m stressed.
Bonus: Today, make sure you give yourself some love–self-care.
*Self-care is activities and practices that you do on a regular basis to reduce stress and maintain and enhance our short- and longer-term health and well-being. Source: buffalo.edu
Want to see how others answered? Check out more TMI Tuesday posts by clicking the banner below!