1) Arrival. Are you afraid (a) that you can’t find the address, (b) that you will be early, (c) that you will be late, (d) other?
Usually my worst fear is (b). I am usually pretty good with directions and addresses (this comes from years of garage-saling and planning routes), and I’m rarely late. But, I have been known to try to hard to be on time and get places just a bit too early.
2) Clothing. Are you afraid (a) you will be underdressed, (b) overdressed, (c) dressed for the wrong activity, (d) don’t have items that you need, e.g. swimsuit, (3) other?
I’m probably more afraid of (b), that I will be overdressed. But, usually I can adapt what I have on if necessary so I’m not as overdressed as I could be. I don’t worry about bringing a swimsuit – if I think there’s a possibility of swimming, i can tuck one into my purse…although some of the home hot tub parties I’ve been to have been swimsuit optional…
3) Drinks. Are you afraid that (a) you will drink too much, (b) that you will drink too little, (c) other people will drink too much, (d) there won’t be anything good that’s non-alcoholic, (e) other?
I rarely drink too much, sometimes too little, but I’ll go with (e). My biggest worry is that there won’t be anything good that’s alcoholic to drink.
4) Food. Are you afraid that (a) the food will be too new-fangled and trendy, (b) the food will be conventional and boring, (c) there won’t be anything you want to eat, (d) there won’t be any food and you are hungry, (e) other?
Hmmm….probably (c). I’m all for trying new-fangled foods, and even conventional foods are fine, but sometimes the fare is substantially lacking and nothing I want to eat.
5) Music. Are you afraid that (a) the music will be too loud, (b) there won’t be music or you won’t be able to hear it, (c) the music will be of a new genre you don’t like or can’t understand, (d) the music will be boring oldies, (e) other?
Can music really be too loud? My answer here is (c) – if the music is country or rap, I’ll be wishing I brought the headphones for my phone.
6) Later. Are you afraid that (a) the party will end too soon and it won’t have been worth the trouble, (b) the party will go on too long, (c) other?
It really depends, but I suppose I’ll pick (a). I love a good party, and they’re not as fun if they’re way too short.
7. Afterward. Are you afraid that (a) you will end up in bed with the wrong person and the sex will be bad, (b) the you will end up in bed with the wrong person and the sex will be great, (c) that you will end up in bed with the right person and there won’t be any sex, (d) that you will end up in bed with the right person who wants sex but you are too tired, (e) other?
Hmmm….I’ll go with (e). I’m not really afraid of any of those things.
Want to see how others answered? Check out more TMI Tuesday posts by clicking the banner below!